Blessedandmessy.com

Blessedandmessy.com

Saturday, October 1, 2016

30 minutes of Quiet

How often do we really just set and embrace our Creators creation? I know for me personally it doesn't happen near as often as it should. Yes, daily I spend time in prayer and devotion, but during that my mind is always running. I feel it is so easy to lose my focus. During my prayer time my mind can drift to my to do list, or to the needs that haven't been met yet in my life and my doubts of why, as well as drifting thoughts to others in my life. It can turn in to a vicious cycle at times.

Today however,  I was challenged to just sit and wait. Sit and listen. Sit and embrace. To go outside and enjoy His creation and revel in God's awesomeness. And let me tell you....boy, how I truly need to do this so much more. I want to share with you what God showed me in this time today.

As I walked outside I could feel the crisp air, however the warmth of the sun quickly warmed me up. God showed me that this is exactly what He can do and wants to do in our lives. He is the Son. We are called to rest in His everlasting arms. Trusting in His embrace, knowing He is in control. That nothing is outside of His influence and that the Almighty one is working out His awesome plan for our good. As we rest, wait, trust, and obey His loving arms hold us keeping us warm. And the warmth that feel from Him is the warmth we are to show to others around us.

I sat and listened to the different birds chirping and singing. What a glorious sound it really is when you just let your mind be still and listen. That sound is exactly what God wants from us. Daily He wants us sharing Him with others. He wants us to preach the gospel and sing praises to His name. To given Him all glory and honor.

I could feel the morning dew on my chair and quickly a smile came a cross my face. I have meditated many times over the past few years on Lamentations 3:22-23, and today God reminded me of that verse once again.
   
     The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every       morning; great is they faithfulness.

Daily new mercies are given from our awesome Creator. Daily we can fall at His feet and rest knowing that He forgives all. Nothing we do surprises Him and nothing we do changes His love for us. Daily we will fail and daily we will sin, but thankfully through His sacrifice that he paid for us we can pick up our cross and carry it for Him as we ask for new mercies.

Then, I heard what I know I am guilty of and so many others. I heard the honking of horns. OUCH. Really God? Did you need me to hear that? Yes, yes I did need that. Quickly this symbolized to me the busyness of our lives. God didn't truly plan our lives to be chaotic and crazy like they are. We are constantly running from one activity to another. One event to another. Our lives are consumed with church, school, work, sports, events, etc. It can be tiring, overwhelming, but surprisingly even through the busyness blessing can be found in disguise. My heart pounded with conviction as I felt the Holy Spirit telling me to SLOW DOWN. To seek God daily and see what it is that He would have us to do and to stop trying to make it all work myself or even do it all myself. He wants us sold out to Him 100%. Sadly this is so much harder than most of us want to admit because if your like me we have become accustomed to the daily chaos. We put God to the side quickly as we try and conquer the day without Him. Today in my time with no distractions I saw that I can not do that. Never will I be successful doing it alone. I need Him every minute, every hour, and every day of my life. No ifs, ands or buts about it. God needs me sold out to Him!

I mean, WOW! God, you truly are so majestic. You are so mighty and powerful. Your creation is breathtaking.  You love for us is mind-boggling. You are AWESOME! I challenge you today as well to find some time this week to just revel in His goodness! To be gripped my His greatness! He has something big He wants to show you!

                       Through it all, through it all, my eyes are on You. Through it all, through it all, it is
                        well. It is well, with my soul.

Thank you God for you grace and mercy!


No comments:

Post a Comment