Blessedandmessy.com

Blessedandmessy.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Poise Pad Anyone????

Kegels... Kagels... Koogles...Well, I'm just gonna call these...Shmoogles!!

All you mom's out there you have heard about this exercise. You know the one we are to be doing often and especially during pregnancy. It is suppose to keep our muscles strong and functioning well. RIGHT??? Well, I am saying WRONG!!!

I am thinking after about baby number 3 there is nothing glamorous about our bodies anymore. How it looks, how it functions, and how it even smells!!!!!! Hahahaha!!

For years I taught group exercise classes and I would hear from many of my friends how they just couldn't take my class because they were afraid they would pee their pants. Yes, that's right..PEE. For years I had a complex. If only they would just tell me they just didn't like my class, or even better just admit they don't want to exercise! I passed judgment at times and even became bitter when they would never come to any of my exercise functions. Well, I am here to tell you my sweet friends, this Mama passes NO more judgment. In fact the Poise Pad will now become my newest exercise accessory!!

That's okay. Laugh at me, laugh for me, laugh with me, but I can pretty much bet you too have had this happen to you. Sure, you don't want to admit it, so I will admit it for you today!

You are really killing that workout at the gym when all of a sudden that gush occurs. Oh, surely that didn't just happen. I have always been able to do those Jumping Jacks before, but after Jumping Jack 10, you realize that exercise has got to be thrown out of your routine. You look around, you look down and pray no one sees what just happened.

For the next 5 minutes you justify what you felt and now even justify what you might smell. You quickly pass that smell off to the older lady next to you and keep going!  Sure, keep laughing, but you know you have done this before! Yes, this can be and is embarrassing for many and I am sure that is the main reason most give for not being active anymore. However, I am here to reassure you that you are NOT alone and I challenge you to pick your sweaty, stinky self up and get back to being active! Maybe we can't do anymore jumping jacks, jumping rope, or anything jumpy, but there are still many other things we can do!

Sadly at the age of 34 and 4 beautiful children later I have happily joined the Poise Pad club! I love exercising. I love being healthy and I desperately need the stress relief my gym routine gives me. I feel that keeping our bodies healthy and happy is what God tell us to do. Our bodies are His temple and we are to take care of them regardless of how much function they have lost! Our children and our spouses need to see us setting the healthy examples regardless of our insecurities. I know finding and making that time for most of us is not easy, but I am telling you, it it necessary!

So join me today as we embrace this new chapter of our lives! Put the stinky fear behind you and be committed to putting on your grocery list this week...POISE PADS. Stick those bad boys in your purse or gym bag and let's continue being happy and healthy!! Anyone needing a fitness journey push, message me and together we will do this! No Poise Pad will ever hold us back!

No comments:

Post a Comment