Blessedandmessy.com

Blessedandmessy.com

Monday, September 26, 2016

Time to Put Excuses Away...

1 Corinthians 12:12-14 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. Fro we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body- whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free- and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.

Being honest is much harder than telling a lie. Being something that we are not or placing blame on something else other than ourselves is much easier than facing reality that maybe it's not others, but indeed us that is failing in areas.

I know this sounds confusing and slightly crazy, but the past few months I have struggled with lots of negativity.  I have placed blame on others in my life instead of taking responsibility for my actions in what God has called me to do and where He has called me to serve. I have felt so convicted the past month and feel led to share my thoughts and my experience with what God has shown me about the Church and our responsibility as the Body of Christ.

Recently we started small groups at church and already I am seeing God revealing things I have needed to see for so long. Our study is on being Gripped by the Greatness of God! Do you or I even really comprehend just how big and how great our God truly is? I know for me I have minimized Him for way too long. I have doubted each and every part of His plan for my life and my family's life for many years. Yes, this is a hard thing to admit, but something I feel I have to do for myself and for others to see they are not alone. This past week this statement in our devotion gripped me and gripped me hard.

Allow God to grip your heart with this truth, His truth and you'll find you have NO more patience for your own lame excuses. 

Wow....Ouch...That hurts a lot, huh.

I don't know about you, but for me I have been willing and ready to throw in the towel in too many areas in my life over the past few years. I have been ready to quit the church, give up on my marriage, distance myself from my children, my friends and family. It's sad, but true. I have allowed excuses to rule my life.

Here's many I have allowed into my heart and that have ruled me....

I'm not good enough for my husband, I do everything myself, I can't do all that God is asking me to do nor do I want to, my kids overwhelm me daily, and the church is failing my marriage, my family and my kids. The list goes on and on.

Thankfully I have not acted upon any of these lies that so many of us woman believe about ourselves, our marriages, our family, and most importantly the church. Instead God has shown me some real hard realities. Some that aren't easy to swallow or admit to, but realities that in order for my life to be fruitful and pleasing to Him I have to swallow.

The church is not failing anyone in my family. I am the one failing my family. I am the one who has sat back waiting for the church to save my kids and my marriage. I am the one who has been critical of each and every program and service. I am the one thinking no one communicates or that no one is working to make anything better. I want things to change or be done, but I am NOT doing anything to change that. Instead I am placing all blame on everyone else.

Moms, dads, anyone reading this, God has called us to train our children up to love Him and know Him so they will not depart from Him. He has called us to be active in our church an in our family and to be serving Him not just at church, but in our homes as well. There will never be a perfect family. There will never be a perfect church service or a perfect church program. It will just never happen.

So I am done sitting back and watching the church decline because of my own lame excuses to not want to bring people in and my excuses to not want to serve. NO more. I pray that this hits you as well where ever you are and you too will take the stand to serve Him. And if you don't have a church home and are close join us as First Baptist in Aurora. There is amazing things happening there. The Holy Spirit is working in families and is calling individuals to serve where He needs us to be serving. We are coming together to further His kingdom and to show our kids the awesomeness of being Gripped by our God both in the church and out of the church.

Sure we will still stumble and fall, but we can rest assured He is working, He is alive, and He has big plans for each and every church and family. We have got to put our own selfishness aside and let God lead in each and every area of our lives. WE ARE THE CHURCH.  Our Pastors, Deacons, and church leadership cannot do it ALL. We have to stop expecting the church to please us, and we have to start pleasing our God with serving. It won't be easy, but from what God has shown me recently it will be worth it. Now is the time to stop the excuses, get involved, and raise our families to Love God, Love People, and Light the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment